Came home to my mom’s famous homemade garlic bread. Added some cheese and spinach on top of that…. 👌💣🍴 #garlicbread #spinach #food (Taken with instagram)
1. Brazil. Even though this it’s known to be dangerous, this is my dream Honeymoon spot. It’s exotic and this where the Victoria’s Secret models are from so you can’t go wrong.
2. Mexico. Tommy knows I was dying to go here, instead of back to the Bahamas (he’s taking me on a cruise again for my birthday, in January) I think Mexico has over all, better weather then the Bahamas. But we couldn’t because it was way out of our way to leave from Dallas (Galveston) then it is from Pittsburgh (Baltimore). But one day, we’ll do Cozmel ;)
3. New Orleans! I love Cajun food and sea food. I love that crazy town. I have to go have a crazy time there and eat amazing food soon.
4. Paris, France. If it was up to me, this or Brazil would be my dream honeymoon spot. Not only for the beautiful city, culture, fashion, bakery, food, and coffee. But, my aunt lives there so I feel a little more comforted about being in this foreign place.
5. Alaska. This is where Tommy grew up and honestly he’s the first person I’ve met that’s from Alaska. He always raves about how beautiful and breath taking Alaska is. The fresh food and fresh air. All the natural sea animals that you see. I’m not big on cold climates, but it sounds gorgeous. We’ve been talking about taking a trip sometimes, it’s on our bucket list.
6. Bahamas! I know I whined about going to the Bahamas instead of Mexico, but who am I kidding. We went on our first cruise a few years ago, and it was a trip of a lifetime for sure, because I have never gone anywhere exotic before. The water was bright green or bright blue, and the sand was pure white. Everything I saw was amazing. It was literally paradise on earth. I’m extremely lucky that I can go back for my birthday and am freaking excited. Maybe even more then the first time because I want to live every second of that to the fullest.
7. Vietnam. Tommy and his family goes here at least twice a year, and have always tried to drag me to go with them. It’s my homeland, but our family haven’t had the oppertunity to go back since. I never had the need to want to go there, but I’m sure it would be amazing. After all, it’s where I’m from and where my ‘people’ are. Would be a very exciting experience for sure. I’ll probably get to go often after we’re married.
9. Iserail. I’m a really spiritual person, and it would be a trip if a life tine to get to visit Iserail and visit all of the sites from the Bible. I know that’s not really Tommy’s thing, yet, but hopefully one day we can go. That’s on my bucket list for sure.
Things that I am beyond thankful for.
1. Tommy. My definition of having it all is my relationship with Tommy. Everyday, I didn’t think I can be, but every day I am happier and more deeper in love than the day before. He beyond completes me. I have never loved this hard or been this loved before, ever. He still gives me butterflies, makes me laugh, cures me from bad days, and spoils me endlessly even after being with me for four plus years. I can go on and on and on. But I thank God every single day for this blessing that I am not worthy of. I feel so blessed, lucky and on top of the world and cannot wait til our wedding next year :)
2. Our babies, Belly and Bam-Bam. Everyone knows how much I love dogs and how happy they make me, but I truly believe they are God’s gift to me because how much joy they bring to my life. They’ll never cease to amaze me and make so happy. I love them more then anything and would not be this fulfilled with out them in my everyday life.
3. My youth. Lately, I’ve come to realize that I love being in my 20’s. I love being youthful, energetic, and capable of so much. I take my youth for granted and I appreciate all that I have in this moment. Health, beauty, youth, happiness, energy, freedom and fun in life. one day I’m going to have a family, and my happiness will be different. I’ll have less time for myself, and even though I’m excited about getting to have that life one day, I’m glad I can still work freely as much as I want, have care-free fun, and my body is at it’s best. I’m just grateful for the years I’m at, I really want to enjoy all of this to the fullest.
4. My job. I forget how lucky I am that I can still work and make (easy) money and have more then enough, in this economy. I understand there are a lot of families and people struggling during this time. Before getting this job at the end of last year, I didn’t work for over a year and had to spend my money wisely. I’m thankful for what I am given and try to complain less because I am very fortunate to be where I’m at.
5. My friends. I am a very lonely person and don’t keep in touch very well with people. Sometimes I don’t even know who my friends are anymore. Who cares about me, who even misses me. I’ve become so distanced with people just through out time. But I’m very lucky to have some of my best friends. They’ve mostly moved away for work and school so I miss them dearly, but I know that 20 years from now, they’ll still love me and will still be a best friend. I’m thankful to still have those vaulable friendship, and maybe that’s all the friends I need.
6. My parents. No matter, I will always believe that God hand picked my parents and my brother for me and my life. Most of the time I’m not sure why, lol. But God always have the best plans for your life, I believe that whole heartedly. So for that, I’m grateful to them for raising me.
I rarely ever say this out loud, but this truly is one of my favorite year. This is the year that I got engaged. I have to give God the credit for protecting me, loving me so much, and for His many blessings in my life.
Happy Thanksgiving, friends!
Even though I never got anywhere in school and stopped going for many years now, I’m considering taking a cooking class at the local community college next semester just for fun. My main priority is still working and saving up for our wedding, but I still have a little bit left from my scholarship money, so I want to try something fun. I actually miss going to school, taking classes and learning! I don’t miss studying and the pressure of school, balancing school, church and work, and how time consuming it was. But more then anything I would love to get better in the kitchen. I have always love everything food. Eating, indulging, cooking shows, exploring, making, cooking for people. Everything. I’m just sad that I’m not very good in the kitchen. I have an amazing mom, but she’s not the kind of mom that will share her kitchen with you, even though she’s a great cook! I am determined to be a great wife to my husband in every way, so I am very excited and hopeful to learn some new things that I can put to good use!
In no particular order but these are pretty current because I really can’t recall what I said I wanted to be when I was younger… And this ten day challenge is way out of order, and is taking me a lot more then ten days by the way.
1. 3rd or 4th grade teacher.
5. Wedding-Dress designer.
6. Party Planner.
7. Personal Secratary.
9. Those people who works at the zoo and wears a lot of khaki’s.
Rememner that one ‘Keeping Up With The Kardashian’ episode when Kim was dating her Aussie body guard? Well one episode he came to visit her and brought her a gift and it was these ‘Tim Tam’ candy snack that she said was her favorite thing when she was in Australia. Anyways, I was really curious and went to search for them on Amazon & decided to order some!!!! After all, Kim Kardashian did say she loved them so DUH! WELL, they came in today!!! Super excited and trilled! I paid thirty bucks for these with the shippin and handling and everything since they are from Australia! Well, they taste pretty good. Not nearly as amazing as the green-tea Kit-Kat’s I ordered from Japan, but I had to! =D
I know I’m very difficult, needy, emotional, hard to read, hard to understand and that SUCKS but I’m extremely proud of myself and the person I am today. I know nobody can even see it or even come close to see my experiences in my life since the day I graduated Highschool, but I’m the person that’s always trying to be a better me and I do it for God and myself, because He’s the only other person that all of this is for and I know He is with me. I don’t know if that makes sense but I’ve been put through a lot and I’ve really fought for my peace of mind and my inner happiness. I know that I’ve become this shelled up person that pretty much has no one around and has a lot of trust issues, but all in all I am where I’m suppose to be after everything that’s happened. People judge me on my looks but I’m a pretty chilled person who wants nothing but peace and for everything to be in control and OKAY! I love animals and dogs and can be around so much better then human. I AM TOO NICE and I can’t say no to people or tell people what to do or ask people things. I am in love and happy and I guess if you have that nothing else and no one else matters. This was very long and not BASIC AT ALL. But that about sums it up.
A little bit about Tommy & I…..
We’ve been together for a little over four years now. And we are in a long distance pretty much the whole time, and still now too! A very long distanced actually, Pennsylvania and Texas! We see each other almost every other month, sometimes a little longer of a wait. (Which I have to admit, he put in a lot of effort for us to be able to see each other that often considering how far away we are- but STILL!!) Even though this has always been difficult and painful, this has been my longest, healthiest and by far, happiest relationship ever!
There are many, many, many reasons why we decided to stay in a long distance. Mostly it was my decision that he respected. I’m traditional, religious and I still don’t believe in living together before marriage (tradition and religious).
He trusted me and I trusted him that this was a real thing and a good thing, and that the wait will be worth it. So we kept working and working and working on our long distance relationship. Sometimes it seems like it was going no where (time wise), sometimes it felt like it was perfect no matter the distance, sometimes it got frustrating missing each other so much, sometimes we just wana give up and move in already, sometimes we just wana give up and stop. But we were always very happy and very in-love even during our fights, yes even mini-break-ups, we both always knew that this was the best and this was happiness. What we have is just so right and so special even though we’re so far away. We wanted to have enough money to have a wedding, we wanted to save and save so we can finally be together, but we also kept spending our money on seeing each other, spoiling each other, going on vacations. It felt like we would be in a long-distance forever! Which I can do w/ this man, for him I would wait eternity for him. BUT, we just love each other too much to continuously have to be apart. IT SUCKS!
SO, in April earlier this year I flew up to Pittsburgh and we drove to Canada (four hour drive) for a get away to celebrate Tommy’s birthday (27th) for the weekend. The day after his birthday, our last night in Canada, we decided to hit our hotel strip and attraction to enjoy the beautiful cold Canada scene one last time.
One of the things I’ve been wanting to do when we were there was ride the Ferris wheel that was on the strip. Tommy knew I love Ferris-wheels. I always thought it was very peaceful and romantic. So we’re on our Ferris-wheel ride when Tommy randomly brought out this bag of M&M’s and tried to offer them to me. I didn’t even bother to look at them because I was too busy taking pictures of everything. He kept insisting I try some but I even argued that I only eat crispy or peanut-butter M&M’s. Finally he asked me to at least look at them. That’s when I look down and saw these customized M&M’s laid out in his palm that read “Will you marry me, PT?”. Next, he popped out this beautiful ring. I don’t know anything about diamonds, all I knew was I like the “vintage style” rings. (whatever that even means). The ring is gorgeous! It was perfect, unique and very special. I cried, he cried. I couldn’t stop smiling. Even though the ring was too big, I was beyond in-love with it and still am.
Please help me be spiritually on fire again. Don’t let me get completely lost. Let me find you again, let me trust in you every moment of the day. Let me believe that there is more out there for me that you have planned. Let me love you the way I did before..